195/206

The World in Images

Logo

İstanbul | Topkapı Sarayı

WI_tr023.jpg

Imperial Hall with the throne of the sultan, located in the Harem. This place served as the reception hall and for entertainment. The Topkapi Palace was the royal residence of the Ottoman sultans from the 15th to the mid 19th century. After the end of the empire in 1923 the complex was converted into a museum.

Location
View on OpenStreetMap
Created
on Saturday 26 June 2010 by Martin Mergili
Keywords
museum, palace
Visits and license
2790 visits, CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 DEED license