Powered by Piwigo
Logo
10/14
Paris | Stryga
thumb

Stryga is another of 56 chimeras installed in the 19th Century on the gallery connecting the two bell towers of the cathedral of Notre-Dame, built between 1163 and 1345 in Gothic Style. This church is considered a major masterpiece of medieval architecture and artwork, even though various elements - such as the chimeras - were added later. The Centre Georges Pompidou appears in the left central background of the photo.