36/319

The World in Images

Logo

Geneva | Lake with Jet d'Eau

WI_ch003.jpg

This fountain was installed in 1886 as a safety valve for a hydraulic power system of a nearby factory. Soon after, it was moved to its current location and became a major landmark of Geneva.

Location
View on OpenStreetMap
Created
on Saturday 31 August 2013 by Martin Mergili
Visits and license
4727 visits, CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 DEED license