Powered by Piwigo
Logo
45/82
București | Casa Presei Libere
WI_ro020.jpg București  |  Piața RevoluțieiThumbnailsBucurești  |  Piața Unirii

The former Casa Scînteii (named after the official newspaper of the Communist Party hosted there) was completed in 1956, in a style similar to the Moscow State University. Though smaller than its model, it remained the highest building of Bucharest until 2007. After 1989, various newspapers developed their headquarters in the same building, now known as the House of the Free Press.

Created
Sunday 6 May 2018 by Martin Mergili in Europe / Romania (2307 visits)